Table of Contents
Are you looking for the best robotic pool cleaners in 2017? The summer season is drawing near, so you need to be prepared in order to enjoy the comfort of your pool. As the task of cleaning your pool is a tedious one, eating out a lot of your precious time, you want to select a good pool cleaner that can do all the cleaning tasks automatically and save you from the hassle of cleaning the debris, sand and algae at the bottom of the basin.
There is no doubt that the most efficient tool in your arsenal for keeping a pool clean is a robotic pool cleaner. Equipped with the best features and being fully automatic, robotic pool cleaners are a much safer choice than pressure-side or suction-side cleaners. However, the problem arises when you need to choose from tens of robotic pool cleaners available on the market. That is when you realize that you need to compare just a few top robotic pool cleaners, and you land on this site.
So without further ado, here is a complete review of the top 5 robotic pool cleaners available on the market this year. For each specific product, we will discuss the main features, list the specs and then dive deeper into the pros and cons.
1. Dolphin Premier
Created by the revolutionary, innovative engineers from Maytronics, Dolphin Premier stands out of the crowd by coming with revolutionary features, such as SmartNav, Multimedia compatibility, HyperGrip tracks, Power Clean brush, superior scrubbing, and DIY engineering. This device has earned its place among the top robotic pool cleaners in 2016 and keeps showcasing its potential as we move forward in 2017.
Read the full review of the Dolphin Premiere here.
– Equipped with an advanced processor that calculates the optimal cleaning pattern, improving efficiency and decreasing time spent inside the pool
– SmartNav technology that is able to navigate around obstacles with ease
– Can vacuum anything, from pollen and leaves to large debris and green algae
– Provides energy savings of up to 90% due to the agile dual RPM motors
– Equipped with HyperGrip tracks for improved propulsion and enhanced control
– Can vacuum doors, waterline, scrub steps and even walls
– Equipped with dual ballasts in order to deliver superior agility, maneuverability and wall climbing performance
– Can filter up to 75 gallons a minute
– Can remove the smallest particles in water due to the 2 micron rating
– Tangle free cord
– Multimedia Nav System
– Unlimited 360 degree rotation
– 24 Volt, 3,000 RPM motor
– Dimensions: 23.1 x 19.8 x 14.1 inches
– Weight: 36.2 pounds
– 3 years warranty
– LED alerts
– 60 feet long cable
– Available optional items: additional debris bag, remote control and caddy
– Twin micro cartridges
– Can easily climb walls: one of the positive aspects that make the Dolphin Premier go toe to toe with other robotic pool cleaners manufactured by top companies is its unique ability to climb walls extremely fast. This is also a huge improvement over the previous Dolphin models. As over 99% of your pool water contaminants are stuck to the ground floor and to the wall, cleaning your pool walls is an upmost necessity to ensure that you and your family are safe when using the pool.
– Modular engineering: another distinguishable feature of this robotic pool cleaner is connected to its modular DIY construction. Each component is put together in such a fashion that it can easily be replaced by the manufacturer in case of a malfunction. Thus, you can rest assured that you will always get your device back in time pretty fast in case a component malfunctions.
– Intelligent navigation: this pool cleaning robot does not wanders aimlessly like other pool cleaning devices. When you drop it in your pool, it will immediately map the surface it has to clean. Your new pool cleaner has the ability to sense any obstacle, even if it is a moving one. You can rest assure that you will never have to “fish” your robot from a crevice or a ladder, as it will never get stuck.
– Advanced brush that cleans your pool thoroughly: the PowerClean brush spins at high RPM in order to remove even the tiniest particles of dust. The brush is made of a high-quality fiber that lasts much longer in time.
– Not the best design out there
– Quite expensive for regular users
2. Tiger Shark
The Tiger Shark is similar to the Dolphin Premier due to its easily removable parts and its flawless cleaning potential. Despite some below average reviews, the Tiger Shark comes with impressive features and additions that make it really useful in cleaning your pool. Discover them below. You can also read my full review of the Tiger Shark here.
– Unique cartridge system that make the emptying process a breeze
– Runs separately from your pool’s system: it does not need any pumps or hoses
– Four unique versions: each version comes with its own benefits and features. We invite you to discover them all here: (note: link here to your affiliate link on Amazon)
– Efficient 24-volt motor that uses less energy
– Equipped with stainless steel polyurethane drive track
– ACSL microprocessor
– 55-foot long cable
– Includes the power supply
– Removable and reusable cartridge
– Dimensions: 15.5 x 16.5 x 11.5 inches
– Weight: 21.5 pounds
– Cleans your pool extremely fast: Tiger Shark has only two cleaning speeds – fast and very fast. This device can clean all of your pool, including waterline and walls, in less than 3 hours. Add to that the quick 90-minute cleaning cycle performed by the QC model and you’ve just got yourself the quickest robotic pool cleaner of the decade.
– Painless maintenance: one of the most useful features of this robotic pool cleaner is its ability to have a removable cartridge. The reinforced elements in the cartridge make it last longer in time and ease the cleaning process to a minimum.
– Very easy to handle, store and transport: the optional caddy makes your life much easier, and can even benefit your neighbors who want to test your newest acquisition. Use the caddy to store and handle the cord, power supply and the cleaner.
– Heavy: without the caddy, carrying the unit around is quite difficult
– Can’t clean the walls and waterline in quick clean mode
3. Polaris Vac-Sweep 360
The Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 is a gorgeous robotic pool cleaner that is equipped with a multitude of advanced features that make it outshine its competitors. Zodiac, the manufacturer of this device, has been in this market for over a century. Their new model has made the top 5 best robotic pool cleaners in 2017 due to the huge benefits offered to the end customer.
Read my full review of the Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 here.
– Connects straight to your pool’s dedicated pressure line and it does not need a separate pump or removable cartridges to work
– Perfect for medium and large debris
– Back-up valve to ensure it won’t get stuck in tight corners
– Triple jets for superior cleaning
– Comes in black (Black Max model) to match dark-colored pools
– One year warranty
– Enhanced filtration system
– 31 feet of feed hose
– Standard dimensions: 20 x 10 x 22.8 inches
– Weight: 15.6 pounds
– Lightweight and appealing: compared to Tiger Shark or Dolphin Premier, the Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 suction-side robotic pool cleaner is much more exciting to use and obviously more lightweight. Carrying it around is a breeze and using it is even easier.
– Can easily transition from shallow to deep and can move around your pool with ease thanks to the un-sophisticated design and reduced weight
– Can function as a water distributor: in addition to the main task of cleaning your pool of debris and algae, the Polaris 360 can also distribute clean water throughout your pool. Moreover, thanks to the enhanced filtration system, you gain the peace of mind that your pump will work ceaselessly without getting clogged.
– Installing it is tricky: the hose length should be perfect in order for you to capitalize on the features of this product.
Not the most beautiful robotic pool cleaner out there, Baracuda G3 has earned its place in the top 5 robotic pool cleaners of 2017 thanks to its 4 key features that no other product on the market has. Check them below:
You can also read the full review here.
– 36-Fin disk for maximum adhesion
– Quick release cassette
– High-performance diaphragm
– Wheel deflector
– Hose protector
– Valve cuff
– 1 year warranty on all parts
– Works with low-speed pumps
– Dimensions: 41.5 x 8 x 18 inches
– Weight: 19 pounds
– Quiet, powerful suction
– Works perfectly with low-speed pumps
– Cleans the entire floor and can devour with ease small and large debris
– Equipped with the wheel deflector function to make it easy navigate around tight corners. This feature is specific to the Baracuda and is something the company takes great pride in.
– The quick-release cassette gives you instant access to the diaphragm, so you can clean or replace it whenever needed.
– 36-Fin disk: as the main point of contact between this suction cleaner and your pool surface, this advanced disk offers flawless adhesion on any type of surface, reducing to a minimum hang-ups and grip releases.
– Gets stuck on drains that are excessively raised
– Can’t deal with large debris or leaves
5. Dolphin Nautilus
The younger brother of Dolphin Premier does not disappoint. Instead, it is able to exceed all expectations. Dolphin Nautilus is the #1 Best Seller in Robotic Pool Cleaners on Amazon and on many other sites. Check it out here.
This robotic pool cleaner is one of the most balanced products you will find on the market. Being both lightweight and easy to use, Nautilus provides exceptional performance and saves you of all the headaches of cleaning up your pool. Keep reading to discover what it has in store for you.
You can read my full review of the Dolphin Nautilus here.
– This device is equipped with advanced software similar to what Dolphin Premier has to offer. The advance software make the navigation a breeze, even when difficult slopes are easier to tackle.
– Easy to clean cartridge
– Both scrubs and vacuums your pool’s floors
– 30-volt supply for lower energy consumption
– 24-volt motor for better scrubbing action
– Should only be used for in-ground pools of less than 50 feet in length
– No pre-installation required
– Dimensions: 20 x 24 x 20 inches
– Weight: 32.5 pounds
– Extremely quiet: most robotic pool cleaners make an annoying sound when cleaning the pool. Not Dolphin Nautilus. Once Nautilus dives in your pool, it gets inside of its element. One word of caution here. This device is so silent that you might even forget that it is inside your pool, cleaning it of algae and debris. So make sure you double check before diving in.
– Extremely powerful filtration: another distinctive benefit of the Nautilus is its capacity to filter up to 4,000 galoons per hour. This is considered quite a lot for the small size of this device.
– Ec0-friendly: no other pool cleaning device is more eco-friendlier than Dolphin Nautilus. Every single part of this robot is eco-friendly. Invest in it and protect the environment.
– Can’t clean steep angles of over 140 degrees
– No caddy included in the package
The Bottom Line
This is our top 5 of the best robotic pool cleaners present on the market. Now it is up to you to choose the right one for your needs. We advise you to make your final selection based not on the price, but on the features the device has and on the benefits you want to have from it. Choose well and enjoy this summer together with your family by staying safe and by celebrating your investment in your robotic pool cleaner friend.