Table of Contents
What is the Overall Rating?
One of the first things you will observe when looking for the Dolphin Nautilus Robotic pool cleaner reviews online is the sheer number of positive reviews and high ratings. On Amazon for instance, this product comes with a rating of 4.3 stars out of 5, being reviewed by more than 1,300 customers. You will also notice that Dolphin Nautilus is the #1 Best Seller in Robotic Pool Cleaners, which says something about the efficiency and benefits offered by this device.
Don’t have time to read the entire post? Go to Amazon now and check out the Dolphin 99996323 Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner with Swivel Cable, 60-Feet
How is the Design and Build?
First things first, we need to look at the aesthetics of this product. Created by Maytronics, a pioneer in the field of automatic pool cleaners and one of the most innovative companies in the industry, this robotic pool cleaner just like all other Dolphin cleaners has a unique design that make it stand out in its niche.
Once you take a closer look at it, you will notice its resemblance with a high-tech piece of machinery. It looks sturdy and well-built, being made to last for years. The black and blue choice of colors offers this device a look of professionalism and makes it quite appealing to the eyes. The astounding design and well-built frame make the Dolphin Nautilus robotic pool the perfect device for cleaning your pool.
What’s Included In the Box?
Once you get this product at your doorsteps and you take it out of the box, you will also find the following accessories included in the package together with the pool cleaner:
– Norma cartridge filter
– 60-foot cable with power supply and swivel
– Heavy duty cartridge filter
Each one of these accessories will prove invaluable when using the robotic pool cleaner to clean your pool. Keep in mind that you need to have a GFCI electrical wall outlet close to the pool in order to ensure you will be able to use this device accordingly.
What is the Warranty?
The Dolphin Nautilus robotic pool cleaner comes with a 1-year limited warranty on all parts and labor. This warranty is only active in the country of purchase. You can also include two or three more years of protection for an extra $49, respectively $96.
What are the Features?
This lightweight and easy-to-use product offers exceptional performance at very affordable price. Here are the most important features of the Dolphin 99996323.
– 30-volt power supply that features integrated circuitry for lower energy consumption
– 24-volt dual-drive motor for increased scrubbing action
– Perfect to clean all pool surfaces
– Can handle any type of pool, including L-shape, oval, kidney-shape, rectangle and round
– Should not be used for in-ground pools that exceed 50 feet in length, because the cable is not long enough. However, if you purchase a longer cable, you can use it for lengthy pools too.
– It does not require a connection to a booster pump or a pump system
– Uses cartridge filters in order to capture all debris and dirt
– Can vacuum and scrub both the pool floors and walls
– It scrubs your pool surface to prevent bacteria and algae from growing and developing
– Swivel cable is made of non-tangle material which prevents it from tangling into knots
– Easy-to-clean cartridge filter that features spring clean-up mechanism
– No pre-installation needed
– Equipped with an advanced software that guides the device to clean your pool systematically, regardless of surface or shape.
Advanced Cleaning Tips
The Dolphin Nautilus robotic pool cleaner is not your regular pool cleaning device. This advanced robot benefits of a high-tech cleaning software that aims to clean your pool thoroughly and evenly. The programmed steering pattern ensures that your entire pool is cleaned completely and quickly. This software works just like a GPS, selecting the most efficient route to take.
Thanks to the advanced software, the device is able to scan your pool in order to discover its shape, size and actual dimensions. Even though the technology is flawed at some point, it is definitely something extra compared to what other pool cleaning robots have to offer.
The pool cleaner is very well engineered, being equipped with two different cartridges: a mesh screen perfect for coarse filtration and a pleated polyester fiber designed for more fine filtration. These filters enable you to remove both large debris and microscopic debris from your pool. The robot vacuums, scrubs and filters your pool surface in less than 3 hours, leaving you with a clean pool that shines with beauty.
Here are some common questions about the Dolphin Nautilus robotic pool cleaner:
– Does it Climb the Pool Walls?
The Nautilus is not able to make it onto the wall if it comes at a sharp angle. However, if your pool has a gentler curved angle, it will be able to clean all your pool thoroughly.
– Does it Clean the Waterline Around the Edge of my Pool?
Depending on how your pool is engineered, the robot might clean the waterline around the edge of your pool.
– Does it Get Stuck on Drain Covers Accidentally Raised?
The beautiful thing about the Dolphin automatic pool cleaner is that it does not get stuck on drain covers. Due to its intelligent software, it is able to bypass any obstacles.
– Can you Easily Remove it from Inside the Pool?
Removing the Dolphin Nautilus robotic pool cleaner from your pool is as easy as pie. Simply unplug it and use the cord to drag it to you. Once it gets closer to the surface, grab it on each side and lift it out of the water. To prevent the loss of debris and dirt, try to turn it on its head before removing it from the water. At 32.7 pounds, taking it out of the water should not such a difficult task.
– Are the Filters Easy to Clean?
This is a very good question, one that is of great interest for users. To clean the filters, simply turn off the device, turn it upside down and then open up the filter mechanism. Next on, remove the filter cartridges, then remove the filters from the cartridges and clean them with lukewarm water from a tap or garden hose. Put them back on and you are set for the second session.
Setting up The Dolphin Pool Cleaner
Take it out of the box, plug the power cord into an outlet by your pool, plug the other hand in the Dolphin and place it in the water. Once inside, turn on the power, and it will systematically rid your pool of any debris and dirt. The Dolphin Nautilus robotic pool cleaner’s fan at the top starts to blow out water, while the bottom part takes off. After 3 feet, the robot stops. Don’t worry. The device is not broken. The software inside needs to recalculate the optimal route. It’s all part of the original design.
Leave it for at least one hour inside (optimally for 3 hours) and after you take it out and open up the filter cartridges you will notice that they are jammed packed with residues and unwanted dirt. The Dolphin automatic pool cleaner has done a marvelous job at cleaning your pool.
Storing the Dolphin Nautilus robotic pool cleaner is not difficult at all. For off-season storage, follow these simple steps:
1. Disconnect the device from all mains
2. Remove the dolphin pool cleaner parts
3. Ensure that there is no water left inside and that the filters have been thoroughly cleaned and placed back inside
4. Take the cable, roll it up and place it securely in a tight place.
5. Store the Dolphin Nautilus robotic pool cleaner in a protected area such as a shed or basement, at a temperature of between 5-45 degrees Celsius
What are the Pros?
This robotic pool cleaner is relatively a bargain when it comes to the features and benefits it offers. Weighing only 33 pounds, the Dolphin Nautilus robotic pool cleaner is a lightweight, modern-looking device that is easy to use and is equipped with a multitude of features. In addition to removing all debris and dirt from your pool, it benefits of powerful scrubbers that allow it to brush your pool. Thus, it polishes your pool, not just cleans it.
Here are some of the most distinguishable benefits of the Dolphin automatic pool cleaner:
– Extremely quiet when cleaning your pool: this is a great benefit of this robotic pool cleaner. The fact that it’s so silent is evidently when there is no one home and all other appliances are turned off. In fact, you might forget that the robot is inside your pool cleaning it, so make sure you don’t go in swimming when you see the cord entering the water.
– Doesn’t hook up to your pool filter or pump: because this device is smart and can think for itself, it sees all objects and bypasses them. This is a huge benefit, as you won’t have to deal with clogged filters or backwashing.
– Can climb up the walls and even reach the waterline: of course, your pool needs to have smooth angles, of no more than 30 degrees.
– Easy to remove, clean and replace filters: you save time and money during the high-quality filtration system put in place by the manufacturer.
– Powerful: despite being considered a small appliance, the filtration rate of this pool cleaning robot exceeds 4,000 galoons per hour, which is a lot for its size. It can clean your pool in less than 3 hours, removing all debris, bacteria, mold and algae.
– Easy to use: no pre-installation, no connection to your pool’s main filtration system. Just plug it in and leave the Dolphin Nautilus robotic pool cleaner do its job.
– Eco-friendly: all dolphin pool cleaner parts are eco-friendly.
What are the Cons?
– Sometimes it miss certain spots
– Has some difficulties cleaning steep angles: the 140 degree angles where the slope of your pool meets the rising wall are harder to clean.
– Tends to “choke” on large leaves: this is a negative aspect that might give you some headaches in the beginning. If you have large residue on the bottom of your tank, try to remove them prior using this device.
– No caddy included: the Dolphin Nautilus robotic pool cleaner does not have a caddy for moving it outside. If you have a storage place or shed near your pool, everything will be just fine. Otherwise, you might need to spend some time moving it to and from the pool.
With a very high rating on Amazon and many more positive aspects than drawbacks, the Dolphin Nautilus robotic pool cleaner is definitely a must-have tool for your pool. Its filter cartridge with four screens can trap both small particles of dust or bigger debris and dirt.
All in all, this device is a must-buy for any serious pool owner who wants to save precious time and is ready to have an amazing pool free of bacteria and dangerous substances. This advanced robotic pool cleaner is a plug-and-play appliance that can be used by any adult in the house. Buy it today and you won’t regret it.