Table of Contents
There are various pool cleaning robots available on the market today. While some are manual, more advanced versions are automatic. You can also find suction, pressure or electronic pool cleaners. While some of the best automatic pool cleaners you can buy online are robotic pool cleaners, there are some exceptions to this rule. Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner is one of the few suction-side pool cleaners that gets the job done extremely fast and at a much more affordable price.
If you have landed on this page eager to read an unbiased Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner Review, don’t go anywhere else. The Baracuda pool cleaner is probably one of the best alternatives you can get to more expensive robotic or pressure pool cleaners. This is an easy-to-install and very easy to use suction pool cleaner that can exceed your expectations in terms of reliability, value and features.
The first thing you will notice when looking online for Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner Reviews is the multitude of opinions, reviews and personal preferences people have. On Amazon alone, this cleaner has over 1,000 customer reviews and 160 questions answered.
Buyers are generally happy about the ease of installation and the fact that there are no tools or special equipment needed in order to make the Baracuda pool vacuum work. This cleaner is also recognized to be very durable. Compared to G2 and G4, Baracuda G3 is heavier, sticking to the bottom of your pool and making less noise.
Of course, just like any other product on the Internet, Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner has its negative aspects. Over 50 of users gave a 1-star review, stating that this cleaner is constantly missing on difficult areas to reach inside the pool. In other words, it won’t clean all of your pool thoroughly. Moreover, it might get stuck on the main drain, especially if it is slightly raised.
This device might get stuck randomly and might make your life harder. Nevertheless, at only $251 and with a rating on 4.3 on Amazon and over 4.5 on other sites including eBay, the Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner is a device worth buying. Continue reading this review to discover why we subscribe to the overall opinion and we believe that you should get your hands on this beautiful suction pool cleaner.
Out of the Box
The moment you take this cleaner out of the box, you realize that it includes everything you need in order to enjoy a complete cleaning experience and to keep your pool clean for years to come. Its unique design and all-blue color make it blend seamlessly with the overall environment and make it perfect for your pool cleaning needs. Do not worry, many of your friends won’t even notice that you are using a pool cleaner.
The Baracuda pool cleaner parts you get in the box are:
– The actual device
– Finned disks
– Hose weight
– Hose section
– Flow gauge
– 45 degree elbow
– Wheel deflector
– Hose protector
– 5 inch connector
– Valve cuff
– FlowKeeper original valve
As you notice, this beautiful blue pool cleaner comes with everything you need in order to ensure a complete and throughout sweep of your pool. You can get an extra finned disk and a couple of heavy duty diaphragm replacements for $37 on Amazon.
Looking for additional Baracuda pool cleaner parts online? Here is a great guide from Zodiac that shows you what type of Baracuda components you can buy on the Internet.
Here are the main features of the Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner:
– 1 year warranty on the device and on all the parts, except for the hose that comes with 2 years
– Model number: W03000
– Perfect for every type of in-ground pool surfaces, including gunite, tile and fiberglass
– Equipped with a 39-feet long scuff-resistant feed hose
– Features a quick-release cassette design that enables you to access the diaphragm with ease
– Wheel deflector which makes it easy for the Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner to handle tight corners in your pool
– You can connect it to your pool’s skimmer using the dedicated 1.5” line
– Made just for in-ground pools
– FlowKeeper valve that regulates the water flow for increased performance
– Increased adhesion to your pool’s surface thanks to the 36-fin disks
– Can sweep the floor and clean the walls & steps
– Quiet operation
– Can work with low-speed pumps
– Perfect for small and medium sized algae and debris
– 19.7 lbs. weight
Installing the Baracuda G3 is a breeze. This device has quite a simplistic design. Zodiac, the company behind it, has continually improved the design and the features of the Baracuda pool cleaner. Thus, installing this suction-side automatic pool cleaner is not such a daunting task. Using it is also quite easy.
Here is a digital version of the installation guide to give you a heads-up on the installation process: http://chainsawjournal.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/INSTALLATION-Zodiac-G3-baracuda-Automatic-Pool-Cleaner.pdf.
How does it Work?
Now that you’ve taken your new pool cleaner out of the box and you’ve spent some time preparing it for the job, it is time to find out how it actually works. For starters, you want to ensure that you use a net and collect all the fallen leaves that float on top of the pool or can be found on the bottom. Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner has never been intended to tackle a huge amount of large debris. Of course, you can still let the device clean your pool from the ground up, but it will put extra strain on your pump and might not work at its full potential.
If you do not have trees around your pool and consequently you do not need to remove a large amount of leaves, rest assured that Baracuda G3 can clean the regular dirt, bugs and any other type of debris lying in wait at the bottom of your pool.
It only takes three steps to hook the Zodiac Baracuda G3 to your system and to start capitalizing on its features. Simply follow the installation steps and attach the disk, the hose and the separate wheel deflector to either your pool’s suction line or skimmer. After you’ve done this, you can simply drop the device in your pool and observe how it is doing an exceptional job cleaning your pool of all debris, dirt, leaves and microorganisms.
Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner will clean your pool by itself. However, do not expect to have the best navigation in the world. When compared to Dolphin Premier or Dolphin Nautilus, both of which are equipped with a flawless computer that determines the fastest path to clean your pool, G3 falls short of navigation features.
What actually makes the Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner worth buying are its 4 key features that make it stand out of the crowd and give it a sheer edge over other suction-type pool cleaners in its class. Here they are:
– 36-Fin Disk: this disk is the main point of contact between the device and the various pool surfaces. The 36-fin disk has been specially designed to get maximum adhesion and connection to any type of surface. Thus, potential hang-ups on drain covers, lights and fittings are reduced to a minimum. Moreover, you can rest assured that the G3 cleaner will not fall off your pool’s walls.
– High-performance diaphragm: another key feature of the Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner is the long-life diaphragm which provides superior performance. This device does not have any moving parts, flippers, gears or wheels. It is a simple, low operation cost machine that uses only one mechanism – a powerful diaphragm that does all the job in your place.
– Quick release cassette: thanks to the quick-release cassette, you gain easy access to the diaphragm and can clean/replace it whenever the need arises.
– Wheel deflector: this unique feature improves the device’s agility and maneuverability in tight corners. Thus, it ensures a complete cleaning and long-lasting performance.
Optimizing your Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner Use
If you seriously think of purchasing this unique suction pool cleaner, you want to make sure you know the best optimization tips and secrets in order to make the most out of all the features offered by G3. Here are some tips that could be of interest to you.
When using Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner, ensure that the cleaning positions is correct. Here is a descriptive image that displays the right way you should use this pool cleaner: http://chainsawjournal.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/baracuda-g3-pool-cleaner-proper-balance.jpg. In case it falls in your pool at an angle instead of perpendicular, do not forget to correct it before proceeding. Otherwise, you won’t have a perfectly cleaned pool at the end of the cycle.
You can actually use a return line in order to guide the device inside your pool and to ensure it stays away from V-shaped corners and areas difficult to reach. You can control G3 by gently directing the hose in the direction you prefer. To properly balance the weight, make sure the hose enters the water at a 45 degree angle.
– Less expensive than other pool cleaners: compared to robotic cleaners which are slightly more advanced but cost 4 times more, Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner can be acquired with a single one-time $250 payment.
– Easier to maintain and to use: this suction pool cleaner from Zodiac is quite easy to use compared to more advanced robotic models. Moreover, maintaining it is a breeze. All you need to do is to clean the diaphragm from time to time. There are no bags involved.
– No complicated gears: the diaphragm is the only moving part of the Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner. Compared to most other similar pool cleaning devices that are built from several parts and are therefore more prone to failure, G3 has no complicated gears or wheels that need to be replaced.
– Climb and clean walls with ease: being a little heavier might have its own drawbacks, making it harder for G3 to climb your pool walls. Nevertheless, it does a wonderful job cleaning your pool’s bottom, walls and stairs.
– Silent: few suction cleaners are more silent than Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner.
– Key elements that make it stand out in its niche: the 36-fin disk, high performance diaphragm, quick release cassette and wheel deflector work together to provide you with an inspirational pool cleaning experience.
– It often gets stuck on anti-vortex drains that are excessively raised: this is the main reason why many users have given this product a 1-star review.
– Cannot tackle large leaves, which might clog the diaphragm. That is why it is recommended to use a net and capture all of the leaves on the bottom of your pool.
– Only one year of warranty
According to the manufacturer, all of Zodiac products, including Baracuda, have a standard 1 year warranty, which covers manufacturing defects. As an exception to the rule, Zodiac robotic cleaners come with two years of warranty. You can read the warranty official paper here: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/612ceiHGRoS.pdf.
Zodiac Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner is a unique pool cleaning system that has captured the hearts of many people. With a very affordable initial investment, you can have your own suction pool cleaner. G3 blends easily with your pool, is pretty much silent, is quite easy to piece together and even easier to use.
This device works perfectly with your pool’s own pump, so you don’t need to install any third-party pumps or additional fixtures. Remember, it will only work when your pump is running.
With these in mind, we recommend you to purchase this simple yet effective powerful suction pool cleaner to solve your pool cleaning problems. If you are still not convinced, here is a great video that presents the benefits of Baracuda G3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3XJKaxdYQ8.
Now it is your time to express your opinion about the Baracuda g3 pool cleaner. Tell us what you think in a comment below and do not forget to leave a review online after buying the Baracuda pool vacuum. In the end, the Baracuda pool cleaner might prove to be exactly what you have been looking for.